Saturday, September 02, 2006

..in the most loving way possible

Howdy! It has been a good week (well, up until now when the most annoying teenage daughter decided to be, well, persnickety and annoying and even though she means it in "the most loving way possible"....)

It has been a very good week. I was productive, both at home and at work and at church! I finally got my Advent team stuff finished -- not only that, but I actually did the follow up stuff the very next day! (that, like, never happens!)

I finished the first of my Lorna's laces sock -- I am doing one of the patterns from
Socks Socks Socks: 70 Winning Patterns From Knitter's Magazine Sock Contest - I don't remember right off hand which one, it's one of the lace patterns. I'm also almost finished with the "Singles & Pairs" from the Spring Knitters.

I also cast-on the sweater that I wanted to knit for my mother for Christmas -- it's a Plymouth Yarn pattern with a curvey lace rib at the bottom that I really liked -- well, I hate it now! I cast-on (116 stitches) and worked about 5 rows -- it was off - badly. So I frogged it and started over. Same thing. Frogged it again. Started yet again. Same thing. I ripped that freaking thing 5 times before I released that there was an error in the 3 row of the four row repeat. ARGHHH!

So, I figured out how make it work -- and I still couldn't get the &%#@ thing to work! So, I frogged (yet AGAIN) and went to my Barbara Walker treasury and found a pattern that was fairly similar and used it. It works. But now I don't even want work on it!

So, I did what any self-respecting knitter does -- I cast on something else. A sweater for my nephew -- and it's going GREAT!

And today? Today I have done enough housework to make a difference, really done laundry (including the folding and putting away), been to the grocery store, fixed lunch for the church luncheon tomorrow (including one of Paula Deens "Gooey Butter Cakes") and gotten dinner started for tonight! Woo hoo!

So, now I can knit with a completely clear conscious.


Oh, and that annoying daughter? She's really the sweetest thing ever!

No comments: