Sunday, August 27, 2006

Phew...

Did you know that if you don't eat and instead of dinner you have a significant share of two bottles of pretty good red zinfandel you will be unable to knit? Well, you will pretty much be unable to do much of anything, including knitting. (well, I've heard that that's the case, anyway.....)

I did manage to get much of the sweater I'm knitting from the summer issue of Knitters completed (before the aforementioned lack of dinner). All that I have left is to block the pieces, and then you join the shoulders and then knit the cowl neck, then finish joining and do a quick armhole edging. This has been a really fast knit, and since I have only done two other sweaters, one being a baby sweater, this has set my field on fire for knitting sweaters.

We had a really good service in church this morning. We received our first female minister recently, and she has been exceptionally good. She set up the worship area in the round and we had a hymn sing and dramatic reading of the scripture and all and all I thoroughly enjoyed it.


Well, dh is in need of the computer and I am working a cabled scarf for a Christmas gift at the moment.

No comments: