Friday, August 25, 2006

The day that was

Well, I've joined the multitudes of others who are in cyberspace, gleefully sharing their joys and sorrows with who knows who all else. I don't know how consistent I will be in posting, but journaling is something that I have done (sporacically) most of my life, so....

So, today was a fairly uneventful one. Didn't go to work, didn't do much housework, didn't do the Advent Team planning that I needed to do, didn't finish the grout work on the tile. I did do two loads of laundry (well, if you consider that two loads of laundry got washed, that is. I'm not saying I washed, dried, folded and put up two loads of laundry).

But, I did finish the hat that I started knitting on Wednesday for my daughter's friend's birthday (which was yesterday, btw). It was going great, until I started the decreasing and somehow I dropped a stitch. No big deal, right? Well, this was the first time I had knitted anything in Plymouth's Royal Bamboo -- it feels fabulous-- both in the skein and in a completed object. But, it is somewhat of a *itch to knit with. It shreds/splits if you look at it wrong, and is slipperly as a greased eel. So, a dropped stitch ran like a snagged pantyhose. So, I frogged it nearly halfway back and started over. But I finished it!!!

Tomorrow the grandson is coming over, so I don't know how much I will get done tomorrow. I simply have to get my Advent team stuff done -- I will not start knitting first thing in the a.m., I will not start knitting first thing in the a.m., I will not start.....

sigh. I probably will.

No comments: