Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Spring has sprung?

Well, we just survived an Easter that began with a 27 degree morning -- and a high of, oh, all of 45! And today the high was nearly 70 -- only two days and a 25 degree difference!!! My azaelas were ruined, and my Japanese threadleaf maple got zapped as well. I hope the strawberries make it -- I was sooo looking forward to having fresh strawberries!

As for what's on the needles (and finished items):

Almost completed the cover wrap sweater from Spring 2007 Interweave Knits
RuffledSurplicetop I used Rowan Summer Tweed, color
Cape, color 511 . It turned out beautiful, except for the fact that I made it too big for me -- but it should fit my daughter if she will just but wear it! It is not a pattern for the newbie -- there is a LOT going on with this pattern -- side shaping at the same time as front edge/neck shaping -- and all the while you're supposed to keep the pattern (which, btw, the pattern DOES NOT tell you how). But a fun knit nonetheless.


Also on the needles -- a chevron pattern shell from the June 2007 (arent they just a wee bit ahead?) Knit-n-Style Chevrontop. I'm using "Tropicana" in pinks and greens -- it is coming along well!

Also, I'm attempting to design my very first garment -- a vest that I am knitting out of Mountain Colors -- with the dragon fin pattern from BW 2nd Treasury -- with a small cable twist on the front edges -- we'll see how the neck and armhole shaping goes before making any judgment.

Also started this week a simple cotton top, knit in the round up the armhole, using K1C2 "TyDye" gorgeous stuff!!

Well, that's it for today!

No comments: